View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 06:48 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
Got me fooled? Jesus, who do u work for and if you know nothing about running a business than you should stop *****ing about this. I can see where uneducated fans who just love hockey can be mad, but we're talking about a league generating billions of dollars and several teams going broke. How the hell is that smart. I never even hinted how I am so on the owners side that players should play for free. Don't twist my words.

If I owned a business and I paid you 20 an hour, it actually works out to about 27 given all the remittance I have to pay, etc. that varies from state to state, province to province, etc.

In fact nah, you need to read up on business, economics, tax metrics, etc to see that this system is broken. The players have handcuffed themselves. But I put MORE blame on player agents. Not just the players.

Crosby makes 90million in endorsements. Sure as hell would not if he was in the KHL, Ahl, etc. that is in fact a non-HRR chunk of money that goes un-noticed.

I still cannot grasp how people are not understanding that if you don't fix it, we won't have a league, and teams will fold. Not sell, fold. Because when u buy the teams assets, you buy their debts. Can u not understand that? These owners could walk away and u think the players are gonna listen then? You bet.

Why do you think every owner fails to acquire the coyotes? But every other sale goes ok? Dallas, Buffalo, St. Louis. These are established teams with owners with deep pockets. Cap management is, spend to the cap. The teams that don't can, but can also afford not to because come HRR they get bailed out. If we had a better CBA, the oilers and flames will have brand new arena's in a snap! But why pony the cash when u gotta forfeit over 50%of your profits.

A team like Nashville HAS to pay weber, or the weak attendance gets weaker. It's a no-brainer.
Read my comment again. What you just replied with has nothing to do with the part of the post I addressed.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote