View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 06:59 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
But what you’re suggesting is to go down a pretty slippery slope; that is, that all the worthwhile PP players from before expansion are now drafted, and since the only players left with any substantial evidence of playing on the PP are modern, those are the only ones we should draft for the PP.
I get what you're saying here, but the slope isn't that slippery. Look at the guys ahead of Mickoski on that list -- it isn't exactly a murderer's row of ATD'ers. Several were taken in this draft, some haven't even been drafted yet, and without checking I'd guess that a couple are never-drafteds. It's not a leap to conclude that if Mickoski couldn't outscore those guys, or wasn't even put on the ice ahead of them, then he was flat-out not a good PP player. The fact that he played O6 hockey doesn't grant him some kind of imaginary ATD ability he didn't really have.

But for the sake of argument, I'll roll with it. Here are the top-6 adjusted scoring seasons for Brown and Mickoski; and I'm giving Mickoski that 15% boost on top of his real numbers.

Goals
BrownMickoski

What remains of their careers are Brown's rookie and sophomore seasons, and some injury-riddled dreck from Mickoski.

Can we call it case-closed now? By attacking Brown as a supposedly inadequate option, Winnipeg has exposed their own even-worse option on the same line, with the same role.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote