View Single Post
Old
12-05-2003, 10:31 AM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
ok then fire the players then. geez db do you actually defend everything and everybody on the oilers. it is ok to be critical, much easier too when im sitting in front of the tv. gimme a break we all know who is the first fall guy, i just dont think mact is doing a good job, capiche. to me special teams are very important to a teams success and right now the oilers are choking big time on both.
i wont bother saying we need to make changes to better both because the first time i suggest a trade i guarantee dawgbone you will go out of your way to defend that player.
in all your infinite wisdom please tell me what you think would help improve the pp and pk?better players, a spanking, db as gm cmon man tell me.
Win as a team, lose as a team?

Ever heard of it?

It applies to the Oilers right now, so picking off the coach, or a 4th liner who plays 9 minutes is pretty irrelevant.

It has nothing to do with firing players... that wasn't my point, and I clearly stated that. I said if you have players who won't listen to a coach, you can fire the coach, but it doesn't mean the player is going to change in the long run. You still need to deal with that player (and there are many ways to deal with it, not just "firing" a player).

For the PK, they lack confidence... they are timid, and completely afraid to get scored on. How do you teach confidence? You really can't. How do you practice confidence? You really can't. The only thing you can do is keep working your ass off (both during the games and in practices) until you catch some breaks. Once that happens, confidence tends to come back really quickly.

As for the PP, it is baffling. The team is a very respectable 17.1% at home (about 12th overall), but just 4.1% on the road (last). How do you describe that difference? If they can do it at home with that much success, why is it they can't do it on the road?