View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Because you did not see how he conducted himself here. We know what a player with a long, effortless stride looks like - Rick Nash has up 'till quite recently played his entire career here.

Suggesting otherwise is borderline insulting; it's as good as saying that we lowly peons in Columbus don't know what lazy play looks like. We've seen this suggestion from Philly fans before - he's low key, he has a long stride that looks effortless, he's been falsely accused before, so clearly these Jackets fans don't know what they're talking about. Comments about his being regularly on a line with Nash are one of the easy warning signs - we tried having them on separate lines several times when things weren't quite "clicking" early on.

He wasn't supposed to be a cancer. He wasn't supposed to be a diva. We never thought that possible. We were prepared to assume the best of him - and in the early going, did so in spite of what we were seeing because we needed any kind of hope we could get. But he inarguably turned into both those things while he was here.

If you want to press the point, feel free, but please do one thing first: Watch how he played. Don't assume. Don't presume. Don't go by what you've known of him before. We know he's been falsely accused in the past, but we're really earnestly, deadly serious. Watch how the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey player wearing the "Carter" #7 sweater played hockey on a game-to-game basis. Every once in a while you'll recognize Jeff. Most of the time you may find yourself wondering who this guy is wearing #7 and pretending to be Jeff Carter.

But it's him. It really is him.

Watch, and you will understand.

You have made it well known for a long time about your hate for JC. Im not going to lie and say i watched more CBJ games than you , but i watched 7 games of Jeff carter when he was a CBJ, and from my point of view it looked like a team that was in such disarray it was hard to pick out who was trying and who was just plain bad. IN one of the games I did not see Nash go into one defensive corner the whole game. IN fact that seemed to be a theme for CBJ last year, a huge disconnect between the skilled players and the blue collar players.

Personally if i was the GM i would have chalked up last season as a disaster but a disaster that does not need to be touched. Wiz and Carter had huge injuries all year. A full season of them , and if they had gotten lucky at the draft and gotten yakupov and this team could have a killer top 6 all of a sudden.

NOw?

Now the team is void of talent on the roster and in the minors. While they have a potential stud goalie in bob and a defensive unit that can be considered very respectful the offense is going to be miserable.

Howson compounded all his mistakes by selling too short and too soon. For him to not come away with kreider, del zotto, or stepan is just pathetic. We are talking Rick Nash here for christ sake and he does not get a respectable package at all. Very disappointing for your team , and honestly the team you are fielding this next year will be even worst imo.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote