View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
I would differentiate between not supporting the NHL because of a lockout, and not supporting your team because they suck. It's completely apple's and orange's. If any fan went up to me and told me "I used to be a huge fan but these lockouts made pissed me off to where I don't care as much anymore" I would completely understand where he is coming from.

As I've said, if the NHL starts up again with some half assed 40 game garbage season, I'm not going to care that much about that specific year. Unfortunately due to the Alfie situation I'd probably be forced to watch, but if were going to lose half a season, just cancel the entire thing instead.

And of course, the real losers in all of this are the local businesses and the middle class/lower pay workers of the teams.
But are you really going to ignore it? I do agree with what you're saying, but are you really going to ignore the season?

Maybe it's because I'm relatively young, maybe it's because I'm more hardcore than most hardcore fans, but absolutely nothing will ever keep me from watching the Senators.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote