Thread: GDT: The lockout thread
View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 04:12 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I was devastated by the last lockout, not going to care as much this time.

I don't care if they play again until after the BCS National Championship Game and Super Bowl. I would begin to notice at that point.

The NHLPA and it's membership are living in some bizarro world. Do they not see the financial crisis currently engulfing pretty much the entire western world. And what a slap in the face to the fans by hiring Donald Fehr, the guy who was behind the cancellation of the 1994 World Series.
I agree about not caring as much and Fehr, but I disagree with the whole bizarro/financial crisis, pity the owners part. They got a more than reasonable deal during the last CBA negotiation, the league is pulling in $3.5 billion and making a tidy profit. If you are going to argue economy and smaller markets hurting, then you should be siding with the players, because they are the ones arguing for $250 million in increased revenue sharing, more than Bettman & co.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller