View Single Post
Old
12-05-2003, 10:43 AM
Walsher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
well well thank you for that enlightening post particularly the win or lose as a team, gosh i did not realize that
on to better things no doubt about the pp. i tend to believe the reason why is we just to not have the players willing to sacrifice themselves in front of the net. everybody seems to be on the outside not cutting in and causing the opposing defence problems. smytty usually does it but right now he doesnt seem to be doing it that much, maybe he is hiding an injury.
Or maybe Smytty is just playing like SH!#. 1 assist in 7 games, not even visible on the ice. He was playing with Moreau who was the oilers best player in the past 3-4 games yet Smyth continues to dissapoint. Now 5th on Oilers scoring and dropping fast he has managed to turn himself into a glorified Kelly Buchberger, splashing around on the ice like a fish out of water every time a defender leans on him. his work in the corners has dissapeared along with his ability to create traffic in front of the net. Pretty much a waste of organizational dollars this year as his 3.5+ contract has gone to waste. I pray to god every night that we will see a miraculous return of the "real" Smytty but unfortunately all I get is this Buchberger clone that is frustrating at every turn. What did I do wrong?