View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 09:38 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
I'd take Chipchura over both Horcoff and Gomez especially considering their contracts. Played really well in the playoffs and there could be some more potential there to improve. He's very good along the boards and you know Tip loves that. Really wanted Brule to stay as well liked their chemistry together. I wonder if MIele has improved at all. Think he led Portland in scoring last year and has always been good on the PP. I have no idea how the rest of his game is coming along. He needed work especially on faceoffs.
Chipchura is a great utility player and my ideal 13th forward. I was only suggesting Gomez and Horcoff as UFA, post amnesty buy out, on a one year deal somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5m (they already be getting paid a ton from the buy out).

I've just got this problem, see. This mental block. I look at us as contenders and then I look at Torres, Gordon, and Moss and I don't see a third line, but rather a fourth line. I don't see Bissonnette, Chipchura, and Johnson and see a fourth line, but rather a healthy scratch, a reserve player, and an injury call up from the minors. I know it is completely delusional and we don't actual have any forward depth. Then when I actually see those forwards for what they are and where they fall on the depth chart, I can no longer see us as contenders. Not at all.

Ideally, I'd love to see a playmaking Whitney stand in with Vrbata and Hanzal. Personally, I think Gomez would be a great fit on that left wing (assuming amnesty buy out). Maybe one year, two point five million.

I'd like to see Sullivan dropped down a line and given a great playmaker of his own. I think Connolly would be a great fit if he can be had for peanuts. Maybe Goncharov and a 4th just so we can laugh at Toronto fans for gloating about how well burke did. Haha.

Boedker-Vermette-Doan
Gomez-Hanzal-Vrbata
Sullivan-Connolly-Korpikoski
Torres-Gordon-Moss
Chipchura

Is something I'd like to see but i know I'm pretty much completely alone on that.

Last edited by rt: 09-15-2012 at 09:48 AM.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote