View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 10:47 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
But are you really going to ignore it? I do agree with what you're saying, but are you really going to ignore the season?

Maybe it's because I'm relatively young, maybe it's because I'm more hardcore than most hardcore fans, but absolutely nothing will ever keep me from watching the Senators.
Ignore it 100%? No, but I certainly won't be as invested. Here are my examples if there is a shortened season of roughly 40 games or so and how it will affect myself. Every year I buy 1 Senators jersey, and maybe a hat or something. If the lockout goes that far? I already know I won't be making any merchandise purchases for that season.

Every season I take a road trip to 1-2 games, which isn't cheap. Ive been to tons of arena's out east and in the mid-west to watch Ottawa play, including playoff games in Ottawa, Toronto, and Pittsburgh. If there's a shortened season? I'm not taking any road trips for that season, it isn't worth it to me.

The next full season will I be back doing those things again? Yes, but I'm not shelling out money on some thrown together cockamanie season.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote