View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 11:47 AM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I fault the players. I'm not smart enough to understand all the moving parts but I have little sympathy for grown men playing a game and getting paid upwards of $1m that I love to play and have to PAY for the priviledge to play. When I don't get a raise at work or if I was going to be laid off because the company is going under, I have ZERO recourse. None at all.

The way I understand it, the difference in percentages between the owners and players offers would be wiped out if a season is lost. Seems like they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. But again, what do I know? BTW.. the owners OWN the friggin' businesses. This isn't auto workers or construction workers being taken advantage of with unfair labor practices.

Also, when the baseball strike happened years ago, why were replacement players allowed to be used? Can the NHL do that? I'd absolutely still watch if they did. Hell, I mighte even try out to be the Kings next Westgarth (punching bag). I think i'd be pretty good at getting my ass kicked nightly.
Well said. I totally agree with you.