Thread: OT: NHL vs. NHLPA
View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 01:10 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Weak argument. These are billion $$$$ businessmen, who likely, busted there ass to become billionaires. They take all the risk financially when taking on an NHL franchise. Players salaries have doubled since 04-05. Asking for more revenue back is just fine.

Like I said these are not men of substance IMO, the are greedy dollar machines. I expected more from the PA. I'll admit they have a very tough job and have worked very hard to get there. But guess what, I busted my ass to get to where I am in life and I don't even make 6 figures.

Go out and play hockey you heartless whiners. Do what you "supposedly" love and forget about the menial pocket change you will lose. Damn, I guess they can't afford that extra Ferrari now, what a shame.

Oh and your first comment was hilarious. This is a hockey forum, of course I'm saddened by a lockout. I'm not going to jump off the nearest bridge I can find, but I'm definitely pissed. Outside of the minimum wage staff at the facilities in which the NHL operates, I'd say the biggest losers in all this are the fans of hockey.

I think both sides suck balls and could care less about us as fans. I simply expected more give from players who have seen their average salary double since the last CBA. I mean do you think a kid like Seguin should really care if his yearly income is 5.75 or 5.25 million? C'mon man, are you still living in your parents basement? Because that is not a real world problem in western society. And not even close to being a worldly problem.

I have no sympathy for either side, and I'm actually appalled by the players.
I'm not entirely sure what you're aguring. It just sounds like your mad because your not rich. It sounds like you believe people should do the things they love for free. I think you need to calm down. It's ridiculous to complain that someone is richer than you and they're happy about it because their job is fun. That's just the way she goes.

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote