Thread: Proposal: Tor-Ott
View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Chips*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
This is simply god awful for anything and everything that the Ottawa Senators are trying to do with their hockey team.

Now, and in the future.

Leaf fans, until you can convince me that Franson is a Top 4 defenceman (which Matt Puempel + 3rd) is worth, than the Sens don't even sniff at this deal.
If those undervaluing Franson could look beyond the many unwarranted healthy scratched games, they would see that he's easily a 2nd pairing defender. The beginning of last season was particularly rough, but after a quick adjustment period to Wilson's ****** run-for-your-lives style hockey, Franson became solid defensively while putting up very respectable numbers for the 2nd PP unit + 3rd pairing minutes.

I can only laugh at the pure Leaf hate when Franson's called a 7th defender. Hint: he's not. Victim of circumstance with Komisarek, Liles, and Schenn being given games to which they did not deserve over Franson.

I would much rather the Leafs hold on to Franson and watch what type of player he becomes over gambling with Pamplemousse and a 3rd.