MLD 2012 Mickey Ion QF: Winston-Salem Polar Twins vs. Winnipeg Monarchs
View Single Post
09-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
1) I don't deny the Monarchs are a gritty team, but they lack actual size down the middle. That's a significant handicap over 7 games, not just in physical matchups but also in matters of puck possession.
2) After listing the top-6 forwards under multiple methods, it's apparent that the Polar Twins have the odd numbered players (1-3-5-7) and the Monarchs have the even numbers (2-4-6-8). That's not a huge gap, but it's a clear one and adds up over time.
3) Karakas is an average starter in this MLD, whereas Beaupre is among the weakest.
4) I maintain that Nilsson-Horvath as my #1 and #2 centers is a pairing of more demonstrably impactful players than McGimsie-Reay.
5) Winnipeg would need to have a significant advantage at the blue line to overcome points 1-4. They don't have that advantage.
Best of luck, BillyShoe.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by tarheelhockey