Thread: Proposal: Dallas - Montreal
View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 02:57 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Not that Montreal would do that but I'm not sure why Dallas would want Beaulieu anyway. He's shown virtually zero offensive progression since he was 17, he defense/physical tools weren't that great to begin with. He's no where near close to playing in the NHL (He'd be stuck behind at least Oleksiak, Dillon and Nemeth when talking about Stars defensive prospects) and the only truly standout attribute of Beaulieu is his skating and that doesn't mean much if his offense doesn't come through.

Dallas has a great skater, poor offensive instincts defensemen in Daley, however Daley developed a very strong defensive game, something that there is no guarentee Beaulieu can ever do if he can't develop his hallmark offensive game that got him drafted.

Beaulieu probably holds more value to Montreal than he could ever in a trade, but I still remember when he was ranked so high on the Central Scouting lists and Habs fans thought they got such a steal when he unsurprisingly "fell" to the late teens. I haven't done it but it wouldn't surprise me if I could think of 25 defense prospects I'd rather have then Beaulieu.
I'm not a Beaulieu fan at all, but he has absolutely progressed.
He's defense has improved leaps and bounds. He's still prone to dumb decisions like most young defenseman. He's 6'3", strong, fast, has a bullet of a shot, and move the puck with ease. That's a pretty rare skill set.

25 D prospects? I'd take Hamilton, Murray, Brodin, Gormley, Schultz, Rielly, Klefbom, Reinhart, Murphy, Dumba, Lindholm, and Morrow over him. That's 12. Other's who I would rank in the same tier are Ellis, Pouliot, Rundblad, Merrill, and Trouba.
I'd really appreciate it if you list 25 D prospects who are better than him.