View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Right now, I'm driving a 2001 Chevy Malibu with about 121k miles on it. I'm sure it will be just fine in the valley, I mean I just got a radiator flush, I'm getting new tires, etc. But in the long run, I would like something a bit different. I'm a big fan of the Prius, as it's not too expensive and it does get good gas mileage as long as you don't gun the gas pedal.

I've just had so many problems with the Malibu. For instance, there was 1 morning I drove to Maverick to get a Monster Rehab, and I shut the car off, went inside, and when I went back outside my car wouldn't start. When I towed it to the repair shop, it started up just fine for them, and that was that. It happened 2 times in the past 4 months. It's just something I don't want to have to worry about happening when I'm all on my own.

But I need to budget before I can look at getting a new car. Maybe I'll just keep saving up money.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the car, and what was your down payment on it? Bigger down payment would lessen the monthly payments right? Do car companies offer a certain period of time to pay it off, like 24 months, or you can extend it further to lessen the payments? I really haven't looked into what all goes on with buying a car. I much prefer not go through a dealership, they are a bunch of blood sucking vampires!!
To be fair buying a car from anyway shape or form leaglly has it's advantages and disadvantages. Even the best running cars are going to have issues.

I'd rather go through a well known dealer than some fly by night dump or private seller.
The primary reason is the warrenty and the reliability of the dealership to help out in case any warrenty work is needed.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote