View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 05:46 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Reasons that Winnipeg should win:

-This team is tailored to succeed under Bobby Kromm. He was known for getting the absolute most out of his players, and will love the amount of grit that this team plays with.

-Despite the fact that Winnipeg's centers may not be as big as Winston-Salem's, they are significantly tougher.

-I would maintain that Winnipeg might have the 2 best goal scorers in the entire series(Hergesheimer and Stoughton). We definitely have the best in Stoughton.

-Winston Salem's first pairing is questionable defensively. Both guys were high scoring offensive players, but barely received any all star recognition. Maxwell was also a physical player, meaning he should have been subject to "Rob Blake Syndrome" because he was a flashy player who scored and hit, but never received any real all star consideration.

-Winston Salem's first line is seriously lacking in defensive ability. If they are out with the 1st defensive pairing, which my opponent has insinuated will happen often, they are going to be bad in their own zone. Kehoe was a negative defensive player, with neither of his linemates helping at all in that area. Combined with the questionable defensive play of the first pairing, I think this is a serious concern.

-Mike Karakas' GAA goes up by .09 in the playoffs compared to the regular season. Don Beaupre's goes down by .1 from the regular season to playoffs.

-Horvath is a better #2 center than Reay, but if you look at the role each is playing on their respective lines, comparing them that way doesn't make sense. Compare Horvath to his Winnipeg counterpart that is the triggerman on their line(Stoughton) and Stoughton is better.

-Overall, Winnipeg's team is a tougher, grittier group. Winnipeg's top 6 is also better defensively than their counterparts.

-Fred Scanlan is a weak link offensively in an MLD top 6.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote