View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
True, but my car is long beyond the warranty, so that doesn't really help me with my situation. Thankfully, where I'll be moving too is right next door to work, so if I had to, I could bike to work, or jog to work. It's not very attractive to the ladies to be drenched in sweat, but you gotta do what you gotta do lol.

Most warranties are 60,000 miles, 6 years or something right? That's what I think I remember hearing on the commercials. Can you pay for a longer warranty? I do agree, warranty is amazing when you get a car. I did have a part go bad on my malibu, that was very expensive, but warranty covered it. It's like health insurance. You get what you pay for. I had a root canal done, but my insurance paid everything, I just had to pay the copay.
Most cars have a standard 3 year/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warrenty and you can extend the warrenty for a fee but as the car gets older and/or more miles to put on the limited the warrenty is. Hyndai usually has the best one with 5 year 60,000 and 10 years 100,000 powertrain. Some new gadets have maintence for life but ususly the price of the toy is way too high and if you miss a scheduled maintence work you lose that benefit from what I hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
I love my Prius. 50mpg when the weather is nice outside, 46mpg when it's particularly warm or cold. Reliable, comfortable, and surprisingly roomy for what looks like a small car from the outside.
Yuck! As much as I hate the high gas prices, I don't want to drive a death trap.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote