View Single Post
Old
09-15-2012, 08:03 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
He signed with Primce George right away so without using the NDTP I'm not sure of any advantages USA Hockey could give him. Vancouver born and presumably raised (he's at least played there the last couple years), I would hope he plays for Canada.
Yeah, and the NTDP wasn't an option till next year anyway. I'm sure the odds are slim but USAH would be stupid (not uncharacteristic though) to not pursue him at all. Even if Jansen wanted to play for Team USA, who knows if he even could at this point as I'm not sure if he's played long enough in the USA for the IIHF to contradict themselves once again. Given that the first chance to lock himself into USAH would be the IIHF U-18 team, where we send the NTDP squad, I can't imagine he'd wait around to play for Team USA (if that were even his first choice) when he'd probably have the opportunity with Canada first if he lives up to his billing.

With that, does anyone know if the Youth Olympic Games, IIHF sanctioned, lock players into a certain nation? That would probably be USAH's only option with Harkins if it's the case, regardless of who he prefers to represent.