View Single Post
Old
05-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
I'd look to make a bargain deal for Bertuzzi or Lang, seeing as they make around 4-5 million for one more year. In other words, no core prospects or players, seeing as either would have to be regarded as a year-long rental. It's pretty likely that someone will offer more for Bertuzzi.

I'd look to make a hockey deal for Bell. That is, I'd be prepared to start talking about important pieces, seeing as Bell would himself be one. The difficult thing is that even if they want to trade Bell, they already have so many prospects that Chicago would probably want good roster players.

I'd also listen very closely for any rumours of Sundin's availability and try to position myself as the silent partner in a secret three-way deal. That's my far-fetched contribution to this thread. But seriously, Sundin would be great to have, even at his age and salary.

Finally, I'd try to sign Lehtinen. There's always a place for a guy like him, who just makes your team better in practically every respect. He is what Bulis is not: a superb defensive player who can also score 30 goals playing on a top line.

As a side-note, I'm not sure that a center with size is such a big concern. Buffalo has a bunch of speedy little centers, and neither Ottawa nor NJ are particularly big down the middle. One has to compensate in other ways I suppose, but there is no absolute need for a big center.