View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 12:56 AM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
Once you get passed over it is a huge uphill battle from there (which was created by the scouts if they should have been drafted). They must clearly outplay the players who were drafted, otherwise they will be ignored.

Just in this past draft alone I'm shocked that Warren Steele wasn't drafted. I can guarantee you that will come back on the scouts. And he played on Canada's U18 team with Matthew Dumba. Plenty of exposure there. No reason to think they couldn't have botched this one (Makarov) up as well.
If a player has any upside, they'll find their way.
Being passed over is actually better for most players, as then they have the opportunity to choose their destination, which means they can avoid systems that will limit their progress.

Steele wasn't drafted because he doesn't project to be much at this point.
From what I've seen, I'd compare him to a lesser version of Isles sixth rounder Jesse Graham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleta36 View Post
With an ECHL affiliate now there really isn't a downside to this signing. I'm all for plenty of goalie depth in the system. If he can channel his WJC performance, though unlikely, he could even make an NHL impact at some point.
They actually no longer have an ECHL affiliate.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote