View Single Post
Old
05-05-2006, 02:15 PM
habscout

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
I'm pretty sure that the June start date is based on the final submission of revenue figures from all the NHL teams, that will determine the salary cap for next season. A few months ago the numbers that were reported in the media were based on revenue projections. The teams management know that they need those numbers before they can formally start negotiating with their own players. I'll hazard a guess that none of the Montreal media at today's press conference thought to ask more specifics about the June date.

In the mean time, I'm sure that Bob Gainey, Andre Savard & Brisebois [Habs "capologist"] & other Habs braintrust will be hard at work to try and determine who they want to stay and who will go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
Since everything seems to start in June for them, anybody knows what their May schedule is all about???

They said they'll be talking UFA' in June, they gave themselves till July to let our UFA's their intentions, so can we expect any signings or any other news during this month?

I'm just saying that 'cause obviously they are entitled to any vacation they want, but my main goal beginning right now would be to sign Huet. Just in order to have him sign right away and then have the possibility to do make some kind of move including Aebisher at the draft.