View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 04:08 AM
FrolikFan67

vCash: 500
since a lot of people think that the way it would be weighted in the case of a lockout may be a little unfair, perhaps give less balls to teams like pittsburgh for being very good and a team like the oilers because of all the 1st overalls, for fun, i decided to make my own weighting scale. it would take forever to see how many balls every team would have and then punch it in on the draft website, but if anyone would like to see how many balls they'd have with my scale please post it, i'd love to see if it ended up being more on the fair side: first calculate how many points on average your team has earned in the last 5 years to determine how many balls they begin with...

60-69pts = 4 balls
70-79pts = 3 balls
80-89pts = 2 balls
90-99+pts = 1 ball
this will determine where you start off at.

add additional balls if you fit the following:
if youve missed the playoffs 3 times in the last 5 years, add 1 ball
if youve missed the playoffs 4 times in the last 5 years, add 2 balls
if youve missed the playoffs 5 times in the last 5 years, add 3 balls

after that, we'll subtract balls if you fit the following:
however many times a team has had a 1st overall in the last 5 years, they lose that many balls (ex. oilers lose 3)
any team that has made the playoffs 3+ times in the last 5 years loses 1 ball
any team that has won the stanley cup in the last 5 years loses 2 balls

this will give you your final ball count. the lowest you can have is 1 (ex. if your down to 2 balls and youve won the stanley cup in the past 5 years or any of the other ways to lose balls, you go down to 1, not 0).

panthers would have 4 balls with this system. started off w/ 2, received an additional 2 for missing the playoffs 4 times in past 5 seasons, lost none.

just something fun to do. and if you do it, does it seem a little more fair than the current weighting?

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote