View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael99 View Post
Lars has an older brother that plays in his home club in Denmark. He is on the wrong side of 30 and not in the national team anymore, so if they ever where to play together on the same team, this might be the chance.

That could be a factor in his chosing. Another is that Rødovre , his native club, also hope they can bring back Jannik Hansen and Mikkel Boedker. If i recall correctly, Lars and Mikkel played together during their youth years in both Rødovre and Frolunda.

Another danish club Herning, hopes to bring home Regin and Frans Nielsen.

Could be interesting even if the level of play is not that high.
I'm not seeing anything about Eller having an older brother. His father, Olaf, is an ex-hockey player, part of Rodovre team staff. And I know Lars has a younger brother, Mads, but he plays in Sweden. In any case, the SEL would've probably been the best place for him. Hopefully they change their stance regarding NHL players. It's an excellent league.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how it works, but can't Lars sign an AHL contract now that the lock-out is official? It's probably the best option at this point. The KHL and Swiss league will be flooded with lock-outed players and they have a limitations regarding foreign players, I doubt there's room for Eller.

The competition should be pretty good in the AHL this season. I think it would be a great place for Lars to spend the next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
This doesn't take a year off Gomez's contract.

It also doesn't help us figure out what the main things we need to work on are, and some of our most valuable players - Cole, Plekanec, Gionta, Gorges, Markov/Kaberle - are one year older with nothing to show for it.

We'd be better off having another year like last year, if we are still that bad at least we'd have the draft pick to show for it and force them to get more aggressive in the free agent market.
Unless I'm misunderstanding what's going on here, I'm pretty sure that, season or not, Gomez is losing a year on his contract as we speak (like every other NHL players right now). Isn't that what happened during the last lock-out?

I completely agree that we'd all be better off without a lock-out, no doubt about it. Those who make the argument about a lottery forget that it could also backfire big time. The Habs, in the case of a lottery similar to 2005's, won't have great odds at a high pick, I don't think, since it was based on the last few seasons, not just the last. We did pretty decent before 2011-2012.

Last edited by Gabe84: 09-16-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote