Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Andrei Kostitsyn signs with Traktor Chelyabinsk (KHL)
View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Avim86

vCash: 500
The real question is would people be calling him heartless if his name was John Smith from Ontario...The guy has the obvious talent to be a top line player the fact that his numbers seem to be more of a strong 2nd line player , great 3rd line player...shouldn't really represent that he is lazy.(Just that people love comparing him to the elite 2003 draft class) People act as if making the NHL is a cake walk and that any Joe Blow can wake up in the morning and start scoring 20 goals a year consistently...It's a shame that AK is without a contract but do you honestly believe he would be in the KHL if there was no lockout?(I for one don't his family is used to North America , his brother plays in the U.S , he spent 3 years in the AHL proving himself and now another 6 NHL seasons played , it just doesn't add up). I honestly think Nashville needed to simmer down their pride and offer AK a 2 year contract to let him mesh with the team and his brother. I know AK can be that secondary player that makes a nice difference when he is on , as he is almost a game changer , will he do this consistently?(of course not that's why he isn't a 40 goal scorer) but to actually think that none of the 29 other teams had any interest in him is ridiculous...I obviously don't know what he was seeking in terms of contract but it couldn't have been more then 3.5-4M per.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote