View Single Post
Old
12-05-2003, 12:06 PM
Master Lok

vCash: 500
I have never been able to predict Lowe's transactions. Brewer was a surprise, York was a surprise, Dvorak and Isbister were absolute shockers.

That's why I totally disbelieve that Anaheim is a trade partner.

Instead I present two off-the-wall possibilities:

NYI:
Comrie (1+3)
Chimera (0.5)
Laraques (1.2)
Ferguson (0.5)
NET = 3.2 + 3

EDM:
Niiniimaa (2.9) 28 yo D
Justin Mapletoft (0.85) 22 yo C from Lloydminster
Trent Hunter (0.45) 23 yo RW from Red Deer
NET = 4.2

If you include Comrie's bonuses, then we save $2 million... probably the 2 million that went right to Adam Oates. EDM net two prospects with NHL experience in Mapletoft and Hunter. Both have offensive upsides and not bad size. Niiniimaa immediately improves our top 4 defense. NYI gets Chimera to improve their weak left side and Laraques to provide some immediate physical presence in any playoff battle against Ottawa or Toronto. But this trade only makes sense if it is set up as a following trade where Peca gets sent away from NYI.

SECOND Surprise!

NYR:
Comrie
Rita

EDM:
Dominic Moore 23 yo Centre, compared to a Larger sized York
Fedor Tyutin 20 yo D.

NYR's Sather finally realizes that with Lundmark injured with a bad knee, Messier out with a bruised thigh... he only has Lindros and Holik and he slaps himself upside the forehead. He seeks to reunite Lundmark with Comrie and wants to give Rita (his draft) a chance on LW. A new young fresh kid line to hopefully provide some energy to his veteran squad.

In return EDM gets a Moore, a player often compared to Mike York. He plays in Toronto (AHL) for this year and is seen as the successor a centre position behind York after Oates is gone. Tyutin is brought over to provide a true possible top end talent to help with the anemic defense.