View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 05:01 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I know nobody is ever going to convince you off your positions and I gave him a D+ so I am far from happy.

But no needs?

I am sorry a backup goalie that is actually capable of the job should grab 25-30 starts, keeps Howard fresh and actually wins unlike Conklin. Is it a huge signing? No, it is nothing like the top 6 winger and #1 D-man. But it does fill a need and in my opinion, a major need if you're going to need every game to make the playoffs.
He plugged a coupled cracks in the ship, but ignored the giant gaping holes. They are irrelevant additions in the grand scheme of things. A backup goalie is not going to turn the Wings into contenders. A 4th line grinder wont turn the Wings into contenders. A 35 year old Mikael Samuelsson.........you get the picture. He fixed the easy problems, but failed to address the hard ones. I gave him a D aswell, but i dont disagree with Bob's logic. Keep in mind that needing Suter and Parise were Holland's fault. His inactivity during the past three off seasons forced him to hit a home run. We all remember the excuses and press quotes from Holland. "We like our team", "The price was too high"...........blahh blahh blahh.

Imagine if the Wings had signed Ehrhoff and let Smith play all of last year. How much better would our defense look right now? Still would have had plenty of money to lowball Suter and Parise too.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote