View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 07:12 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post
Maybe this season, but the lock out will also create a bit of a logjam with prospects coming into the AHL. For example, if Gudas and Barberio were ready this year and were due to make the jump but couldn't because of this it means the young guns behind them have to wait there turn to make the jump to pro themselves.
I'm not sure I follow. There is no problem for our prospects coming from the chl or college. I can't recall an incident ever where a player was held back to his junior club because his AHL team was too full. If we have a logjam, then then some will go to the echl like what Landry did or you sit and rotate your line-up like what Panik and Palat did.

You're saying the 04-05 lockout helped the draft class from 2003. I agree, it helped 2003. You didn't mention 2004, that draft of that season, so why should the 12-13 lockout help the 2012 class? Players like Koekkoek and Vasilevski are unaffected because this won't change their path to the NHL. Guys like Brown, Killorn, and Aulie who might have played in the NHL this year had their development lengthened by another season. That lockout helped the players who would've made the big jump from the chl/ncaa to the nhl like Thomas Vanek and the kids who made the NHL as teenagers and could benefit from some time in the A like Eric Staal.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 09-16-2012 at 08:13 PM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote