View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
It doesn't take a genius to see that Faidh's opinion on Beaulieu is unchangeable. That being said, as a guy who has watched Nathan Beaulieu play about 100 times over the last four years, I completely disagree with some of these statements. How do you come up with the statement that he is the exact same player he was two years ago? Beaulieu matured into a dependable defender in Saint John, despite the fact that everyone raves about his offensive game. He occassionally makes poor decisions, but I have watched his decision-making improve which makes me feel that with good coaching he'll continue to improve. And to say he doesn't use his size effectively, well, I guess I'm not following that one either. Not sure why you feel this way other than he doesn't have a slew of fighting majors on his stat sheet. But as far as that goes, when Beaulieu did fight he'd usually pound the crap out of his opponent.

Anyhow, I expect my opinion will be discounted for a variety of reasons. Either way, it's still my opinion that there are some serious errors in Faidh's review of Beaulieu.
QFT.

We have a bluechip prospect and we grabbed him 17. BIG FREAKING DEAL.