View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 09:22 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...medium=twitter
Quote:
Will players go home? Captain Vinny Lecavalier on Friday returned to his native Montreal to pick up wife Caroline and their two kids but said he might stay in Canada.

Lindback; forwards Marty St. Louis, Steven Stamkos, Teddy Purcell and Ryan Malone, and defensemen Sami Salo and Victor Hedman said they are contemplating playing in Europe.

St. Louis, who played in Switzerland during the 2004-05 lockout, said his negotiations are ongoing. Stamkos said his have been preliminary.
Quote:
For now, though, Stamkos said, "Some guys have plans to stay here for a bit and see what happens. I'd like to work out with the guys. This is a good group we have here."

Said defenseman Brendan Mikkelson: "I'm not going to change anything. I'm going to get ready like the season is going to start on time until they tell us otherwise."
Quote:
Yzerman and the coaches also will be in Syracuse, N.Y., to watch training camp for Tampa Bay's AHL affiliate.

"I'm hopeful," Yzerman said, "both parties can come to an agreement and we can start the season on time."