View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
I think Barclays Arena would be a small enough seating arrangement and would work for the Rangers affiliate. Even as a Devils fan, it's hard to ignore that the Rangers fan base is pretty big and I'm sure a good amount of fans will go see a game because it is so close to the Rangers actual fan base, although CT has a good amount of Rangers fans.

Just a curiousity, but could Louis Brown Atheltic Center, Rutgers arena for basketball, by any chance make ice? Don't know how compatible that arena would be as an ice hockey arena, but if it could even do maybe 6.5-7k (right now it holds 8k for basketball, it could work. Although I did go there one time, I'm not too sure hockey would fit.

I will say I really believe the Devils should advocate for a 7-9k arena to be built in mid-state NJ, like around Woodbridge. I believe there was some sort of a proposal to build something around exit 120 on the parkway or close by to build a housing development and a 8k arena fit for hockey and/or basketball. Would be practically right in the middle of the Devils fan base and would be a lot better of a draw then Albany or Lowell.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote