View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
For now, I think the most accurate estimatation would be to assume the greater difficulty in first liners from the 80s getting adjusted points is all due to external factors of era, and a second adjustment should be made. Unless somehow you can find a way to tease out any disproportionate impact of Europeans coming over.
I think it could be examined at least. Europeans & Russians really started coming over around '89 or '90. So one could look at the late 80s vs. the early 90s (through ~'93 or '94, before defense became so emphasized) and see if there was a change in the early 90s as more European/Russian stars entered the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
My guess is the impact of Europeans is a minor factor though - considering the percentages today resemble percentages from the 70s (correct?) and it's really just the 80s that is the major outlier, right?
The data Overpass presented looks similar for the 70s vs. the 90s/00s, but if one was doing "extra" adjustments, it should be considered that adjusted points were much easier for top line players in the 70s than in later decades (I assume this would apply to just ES points as well).

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote