View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 10:06 PM
wings5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover View Post
Will he put up better numbers than Mackinnon?
I don't believe so simply because it is his first season in the Q so there will be obvious adjustment time, whereas MacKinnon has already played a year in the league and went deep into the playoffs. It depends on who he is playing with of course, I'm not sure I would consider him a better prospect than Grigorenko was last year so if he gets around the same numbers as Grigo did last year his season would be considered successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Maybe in "looking forward" to seeing him perform, you can first see him perform and then draw conclusions.

Otherwise this is yet another in a series of sensational hfboards posts that follow the same old reductive formula. Skill + Size = OMFG
That's not necessarily true in this case since I am not talking about two prospects but rather one. If retaining the same skills a 6'3 Barbashev would certainly be more sought after than a 5'11 Barbashev. As much as it may not be a big factor to some people here, to scouts size matters. A 6 feet Rocco Grimaldi easily goes top 5 at least rather than second round. Same applies to many other smaller players.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote