View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I asked the question with no idea how the voting would go, and I mean that. That does not mean that I do not have an opinion.

For those mostly for the players, I have a question:

If the players 'win' and hockey becomes like baseball in the worst case scenerio, or even like the NBA, will you be alright with losing Malkin and other players that came up through the system to teams that are in big cities and can spend whatever they want on players? How will a change in the current cap system help us as fans keep a team like the Pens mostly together?

I kind of feel the same about this as I do about the teachers in Chicago. I admire teachers, think that their jobs are among the very important jobs, and overall love teachers, especially the very good ones. There are teachers like you saw in movies like Dead Poets Society. They mold the future of our country. So with that in mind, I still am in favor of the government in this dispute. In this economy making almost $80,000 for 3/4 of a year work, double most tax payers there, and turning down a 16% raise? It goes too far no matter how I feel about the profession. I feel the same about the players here. They have done so well under this system, and the system works for most fans in the NHL. I just can not get behind them no matter how much I like the players individually. Their goals in this one case go directly against mine.
I think most people in favor of the players are taking that stance with the assumption that the soft cap proposals and anything like it will be dropped by the time an agreement is reached. Basically, they support stronger revenue sharing as the main way to fix the financial issues instead of just taking all of the money to fix it from the players. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote