View Single Post
Old
09-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Lux Aurumque*

vCash: 500
Thank you for the unbiased post, Holden. I haven't been able to see a game in Winnipeg yet. I was planning to go out during our site shutdown in December, but I'm honestly not betting on this lockout ending any time soon.

Nonetheless, my point was mostly that Edmonton is definitely NOT a quiet city when it comes to hockey.

Perhaps the reason for the YEG-YWG rivalry is more based off similarities than differences. Yeah, we had the 5 time cup winner out here, and knocked out the Jets 1.0 in most playoff years, but it's like two cities fighting to basically be better at the same things...kinda like how Edmonton and Calgary fight to be the better Alberta city (Although, let's be honest. Calgary's just ******** that they aren't the capital).

It's nice to see the Eberle/Hall/Schultz signings, along with the Kane/Pavelec/Bogosian signings finally proving that good young players ARE willing to commit themselves to teams on the prairies. No more of this Pronger/Heatley/Nylander crap.

Anyways, we're getting off track here. I hope Kane can progress. Perhaps the lockout will serve him well. I wonder where he decides to play...

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote