Thread: Souray
View Single Post
Old
05-05-2006, 09:29 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un HabitHuet
All this talk about Sheldon leaving to be closer to his daughter in LA...

Any truth to that? It would certainly make sense, even if he said he wanted to come back to Montreal next season and that he's spending the summer here according to today's La Presse.

I think it would hurt us to lose a guy like him. He's not as sound defensively as some want him to be but I think he's a leader on that team and clearly the guy with the most ''cool points'' on the team.

What say you?
I believe one of Souray or Rivet has to be replaced with an upgrade who can move the puck and play both ways. I also think we need an upgrade over Bouillon (a tough, reliable, stay-at-home guy). That would be ideal imo. Dropping either Souray or Rivet to the third pair and then replacing one or the other would work as well. Our defense has been bandaid for so long, I'm so tired of it. I would LOVE to have a defense that can hold a lead and take some pressure off our goaltenders. The same thing that happened to Theo will happen to Huet if we don't.

Markov-Komisarek
UFA-Rivet
Souray-Dandenault

This would work also, I guess, if Komi keeps improving. We won't win the Cup unless we get four puckmovers and we really only have 1 right now, but it would be a step in the right direction.