View Single Post
Old
09-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Brian Cadle Fan

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
Have you ever seen a game in Edmonton? There is no building in the NHL that's as loud as Rexall Place when the Oilers are winning. None that even come close. My ears were honestly ringing for two days after the 9-2 win over the Blackhawks last year. The noise level when the Oilers went to the finals in 2006 was enough to permanently damage your hearing within minutes.

I understand that the Jets 1.0 and the Oilers dynasty had a rivalry, but this is a different Jets franchise, and that dynasty is long dead. The Edmonton bashing on this forum is absolutely ridiculous, especially considering that Winnipeg really is just a smaller version of Edmonton. The cities are almost identical.

$2-2.5 million/season at most. That's all he's earned thus far.
I've only been to one game in Edmonton, which is a pretty small sample size, but I thought I'd stumbled in to a church. Absolutely the deadest crowd I have ever seen. The Oilers won the game, I think 3 - 1. Whenever Edm scored, a handful of fans would jump up and cheer, then look embarrassed and quickly sit back down. It was several years ago. I'm glad to hear things have improved.

Brian Cadle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote