View Single Post
Old
09-17-2012, 12:54 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
“I think they have enough of them. They have two or three guys who were making decisions with the goalies. In the NHL, that’s not the way it works.

Goaltender James Reimer agreed that there was some “behind the scenes” issues with the Leafs coaching situation last year that affected Allaire’s role.

“I think there was some confusion last year and a couple of misunderstandings,” said Reimer. “I don’t know if everyone clicked last year. There was some trouble in some areas and … I don’t know if I want to get into it that much or comment on it too much. But I know that there were times when he was frustrated that we didn’t have more time to work on some stuff.”

“James Reimer, the past two years that I worked with him, I was really happy with everything. He’s a great kid. He’s going to be a great goalie.”
Well maybe they'll be better with no goalie coach.

If you are getting conflicting instructions, and Reimer even saying little isn't painting a good picture about how the team is managed.

Be interesting to find out which one of the coaches was undermining (my words) Allaire.

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 1963–64, 1966–67 and 1969–70 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 1970–71 and 1972–73. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 1970–71, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote