View Single Post
Old
09-17-2012, 02:51 PM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
I don't recommend the 5.0 because even though you're at that weight, you're still a beginner needing a bit more flexibility in your skates to learn the feel of your edges....As you improve and learn how to use your inside and outside edges more, upgrading to a 5.0 or 6.0 pricepoint would make sense, but for where you are at now, those skates would be a bit too much.
I disagree only because we are talking about the Vapors. I have a pair of 7.0 and while the boot may be stiff the forward flex is very light. The skate overall is VERY nimble. There is no resistance when turning/cutting. Especially given the OP's weight there will not be a problem upgrading in the Vapors.

Now the Supreme I would agree the upper grades would be too stiff. I tried out a pair of ONE100's for a month. The boot is quite like a ski boot with almost no forward flex allowed. It is a powerful skate that you almost have to fight against to utilize its potential. Way too much for a beginner.

OP even a 1/2 size too big is just terrible. As tight as you try to tie the skate it seems to get loose easy. There may be bit of heel slippage which is a waste of energy and so annoying. The skate will feel clumsy like you're tripping over the toe of the skate. Make sure to read the details of AIREAYE's buying guide. Your toes must touch (not scrunch) the toe cap when you first fit them, because as you flex forward and the skate breaks in you're going to slip further back into the heel pocket.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote