View Single Post
Old
09-17-2012, 05:10 PM
PayItForward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans420 View Post
Maybe I should have said "this thread is about Scott Howson, what do the LA Kings, Dave Taylor, or Dean Lombardi have anything to do with what is being discussed".
You said:

Quote:
Hey I'm going to start a thread in the trade rumors section defending my GM who has led my team to consistent failure! And when people come in and call me out, I will proceed to use a series of emoticons in order to express my anger that someone would try to argue with me... in a forum!

I still want a response to my accusations that no competent NHL GM would believe in Wisniewski as a #1, Mason as a starting goalie, RJ Umberger + ancient Prospal as 1st liners, letting the Nash situation devolve as it did.
1. Whether you like it or not, who was your GM when you picked Hickey, Doughty and Schenn? Oh yeah, Dean Lombardi.

2. Do you not remember Garon and Cloutier when they were the goaltenders for the Kings? Who had them there?

3. Remember who was playing with Kopitar? Yeah, great linemates.

I was pointing out that every GM can be criticized and it's really easy as fan of the team that just won to throw stones at other teams, but the Kings haven't been that far off from where the Blue Jackets have been and that wasn't that long ago. Next year they could win MacKinnon, and as I said in my previous post, with LA's pick no less, and that Carter trade isn't just a good trade, it's a fantastic trade. They then have a bunch of good d-men, good depth up front, and a star to not only build their team around, but market their team around. For all you know, in a year this looks very different. It takes time. I'm sure after Dean Lombardi picked Thomas Hickey there were LA fans that defended that. That doesn't look that bad anymore because they got Doughty in '08.

And BTW, did Columbus not trade Jeff Carter to Dean Lombardi's LA Kings? Oh, yeah. So I guess this thread has something to do with them.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote