View Single Post
Old
12-05-2003, 01:26 PM
Bacchus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers
Went to Florida back in 1991 and got myself a Rangers cap. I didn`t follow the NHL close back then so I had no idea who won or anything, but I used to be the Rangers at those NHL 95/96/97 games. Suddenly 3 years ago I got completely hooked and I`ve been trying to follow the team pretty close from that time on. Hockey isn`t exactly sport #1 here in Norway, but luckily there was the internet. Lately they`ve started to send a Rangers game now and then on TV here so that`s a start. Games are usually on in the middle of the night here so it`s not like I could have been sitting up watching all the games had they shown them anyways...

Last year I decided enough was enough and went to NYC to catch a Rangers game (Rags - Isles Nov 23 2002). We lost 3-1 but what the heck...great experience, great city. I actually liked it so much in NYC that I decided to go back there earlier this season as well. Got to catch 2 games (Big thanks to JR#9) Rangers - Carolina 4-1 and Rangers - Avs 2-3. Hopefully I can continue the tradition and come over once each season to catch some games!

Those of you who live in NYC. Consider yourself lucky to pay only $40 pr ticket. I have to pay something like $700 (plain and stay included). It`s worth it though!
I think this is kind of a typical story for a europe Rangers (or NHL in general) fan. Mine is nearly the same: Started with EA's NHL 94 / 95 (don't know exactly) and noticed the first players: Mess and Leetch.
It really hooked me when I got the internet and back in 97 I've been to two games at MSG: vs. OTT & vs. MTL (both losses but I saw a nice Leetch goal and #99 play ).
As I don't have some 700$ at the moment it'll take a while till I can watch my next game live...