View Single Post
Old
09-17-2012, 06:29 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

vCash: 500
Good question. Tough call. There's a couple teams with about a billion bingers (edit: I don't know what a binger is or why I typed that. meant softies) then 3 guys to balance that out, so I don't know what to make of them.

Detroit's pretty soft. Despite his tendency to sucker people who aren't looking, Kronwall might be the softest D in the league (he bails on puck battles and turns the puck over any time he thinks he's going to get hit, incites incidents then, in a show of pure cowardice, crawls beneath the referees legs). Franzen might be the softest big man in the league as well. But, then again, Tootoo and even Z & D handle physical play pretty well for players of their stature.

The Islanders are pretty soft. They lost Haley and, thankfully, that Gillies nutbag is over in Vityaz (match made in heaven, that), leaving them only with Martin and Hamonic to provide sandpaper. Lot of guys on that team won't even try to win grinding board battles (Tavares not among them).

And Tampa's very soft. Adding Crombeen doesn't really change the makeup of all the other guys.

Winnipeg's been mentioned, but I don't agree. A lot of their better players can handle themselves.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote