View Single Post
Old
09-17-2012, 08:44 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Could argue Greening making the NHL was circumstantial. We were blowing up the roster and needed bodies. Greening was in the organization at the right time to get that opportunity. Caporusso's entering the organization when we've got relatively set lines and much more depth to the farm and prospect pool. The odds of him progressing into the NHL are reduced comparatively.
Greening made the NHL because of an outstanding rookie season in the AHL & because of a great 20 game run at the end of the season in Ottawa. Greening is bigger, faster, tougher than Caporusso, he is one of the hardest working Senators & showed he could score goals in both leagues while Caporusso can't seem to make a weak Bingo team. Greening also went from 4th line in Bingo to 1st line, then did it again in Ottawa & in his rookie season in Ottawa had 37 pts & made the rookie all-star game. I think all those attributes are what got him to the NHL, even if Ottawa made no changes he could have challenged for a roster spot. In fact, I'm of the opinion that Ottawa should trade Silfverberg for a good defenceman & keep Greening on the top line because I think he will be even better whenever hockey resumes.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote