Thread: Prospect Info: Official Penguins Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
09-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Sivek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
Tangradi's assessment was very accurate IMO. His skating is his 2nd weakness aside from conditioning. I wish you were right, though.

I was surprised to see Brian at #2 and Bennett so high (top 5) personally. This list also supports most feeling like we reached significantly for Pouliot at #8.
For what's it worth, there is an article on that site discussing some of the individual picks of the 2012 draft and the author talks about the Pouliot pick a bit:

"When I asked a scouting director if he was surprised to see Pouliot go at 8 he said firmly, “No” and continued by saying, “That’s basically where we had him. We though he was right there with the other top Canadian defensemen.” Scouts of course don’t discuss their draft boards with each other, but they do get a feel from their colleagues on what they think of certain players. From talking to NHL sources about what they had heard from their peers, it seems there were certainly some teams that had Derrick Pouliot in their top 10, but most did not."

Only time will tell if Pouliot was an overdraft though.