View Single Post
Old
09-17-2012, 11:34 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
If there was no punishment from the league I don't think anyone else would care if he wore it.

This really is an overblown issue; but that's just the way it is nowadays. He'll give a forced apology, show up at some random community event to support the gay community, probably take a small fine (that will be covered by the clubhouse) and then in a month no one will give a crap.

If he was hitting .300 I bet people wouldn't be running him out of town
If it was Jose, EE, Lawrie or any other of my favourite jays I'd feel the exact same way. Classless is classless. I've admittedly fallen out of favour with Yunel because of his perceived ego he displays on the field. But I have no respect for anyone that would blatantly disrespect in such a way. If it comes out that EE or Lawrie did it to him without his knowledge if that's even possible my feelings would immediately go in that direction. Yes I'm sure guys joke around in the clubhouse and really I don't even care about that because we aren't privy to that and it's not done behind closed doors and they can deal with that internally. When you make it public you need to be prepared to deal with the consequences.