View Single Post
Old
05-06-2006, 12:23 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez
No way, at least not yet. Souray is a beast offensively and besides his occasional brain cramps he does the job defensively. Komisarek has absolutely no offensive upside (yet) and still makes some roookie mistakes defensively.
I disagree. Komisarek was a beast in the playoffs. He quietly put together a very solid run. He had some issues with outlet passes still, but his inzone coverage by and large was excellent. I like him to develop into a match-up defenseman.

Watching tonight's game got me thinking that Komisarek reminds me a lot of a young Chris Phillips. More physical and meaner, but similar nonetheless. Both are solid skaters, Phillips was rough around the edges with his outlet passing early in his career, and Phillips has evolved into a playoff-beast who's a physical presense, and has tremendous inzone coverage. IMO, he's on par with Redden/Chara when in the playoffs.

Similarly, Komisarek has played his best hockey in April.

Phillips was also a highly regarded prospect; chosen even higher than Komisarek (albeit in a bad draft year) and took awhile to develop.