View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 12:58 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
I'm not doing that, or even talking about their men's league points at all. Collberg shouldn't have been brought up in the first place by that Caps fan. Throw him out of this conversation if you want.

I was mainly referring to Forsberg internationally as that is where I have seen him the most. I don't see a guy with high offensive upside whenever I see him play. That's just me. I personally thought he ended up being drafted where he should have been all along. In fact, even if I'm not referring to points, I don't see elite tools other than puck possession from Forsberg.

Just because he plays well but doesn't fully translate it to the scoresheet isn't the end of the world for his potential NHL career. But it is something to be aware about and something I have noticed for the last 3 years.
Where exactly has he not produced? He's had 38 points in 45 games in International-Jr, 41 in 42 games in SuperElit, 13 in 12 games at the U18 WJC... 17 in 43 games in his first real year Allsvenskan, which isn't bad. Sure, 1 point in 6 games at the U20 WJC isn't great, but then again that was as one of two '94 birthdays on that team. I'm not in a position to judge his play, but his production doesn't seem to be a problem.