Old
12-05-2003, 02:59 PM
Kvashinator12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Nice post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
Maybe you should watch the replay again because lundmark did not look or really even see it coming, he defintely could not avoid the hit, he was trying to make a play on the puck and had his head down to an extent and his legs were stretched out in a prone position to make the play

again i do not think it was peca's intention to hurt lundmark or lead with his knee, but he was trying to lead with his shoulder, defintely left his feet just a bit before the point of impact, missing w/ his shoulder and instead went knee on knee

do i think peca should be suspended, no, do i think the play warranted a game misconduct and 5 minute major, no, a double minor for charging and roughing (leaving his feet/hitting a player in a prone position) would have been the correct call, but the refs have been awful all year

for one game we get some calls our way, the peca call and the 2nd disallowed isle goal which could have been goalie interference if anything, i didnt hear the whistle before the puck was in, the only reason it should have been a no goal if that was even the right call was for goalie interference giving the isles a penalty, so we got 2 huge calls

as for the 1st goal the whistle did blow way before the puck was in and i dont think it was a quick whistle at all

agree with pretty much everything you said. Honestly though if we had a player on either of our teams, not hit a guy because they were in a prone position you know we would be using a lot of expletives for them. It's part of the game.