View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 08:28 AM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I don't get those so insistent that Bergeron will make it - I don't think he has a chance.

Re: Seguin - doubt it. You'll see Skinner on the team (and that's a question) before Seguin.
Well considering Bergeron made the 2010 team when he was not yet as good as he is today, I would say that he at least has a chance. Bergeron is one of the better defensive forwards in hockey, and is pretty ideal in the fourth line centre role. That he has some experience from 2010 and is francophone certainly can't hurt his cause.

Seguin has a lot of factors in his favour. He should be comfortably into the 30+ goal and 70+ point range by 2014, is a great skater, already knows what he's doing defensively, has chemistry with Bergeron and has shown that he can play the wing.

Skinner is a great young player too, but I don't see anything that he brings to the table over Seguin. There are a bunch of young guys fighting over the same few spots (in my mind) like Seguin, Skinner, Hall, Kane, Benn and Eberle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover View Post
Martin St. Louis. Doesn't matter that he wasn't there last time, hes given Yzerman every reason to believe that he is of Canada's best forwards.
I think St. Louis would have been on the team in 2010 had it been played on international ice. Canada went with size in 2010, which clearly St. Louis doesn't have.

I really doubt that St. Louis gets picked in 2014 though. He'll be 38 years old and Canada has lots of good candidates at wing. If he's top ten in scoring or something like that by the time the team is picked though you never know.