View Single Post
Old
05-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breenger
Scoring goals is not the most important ability for a defenseman, that is true. But being a proven threat on the powerplay from the point? That is an ability that is not so easly found and is something that is easly worth Souray's paycheck.
Besides that, defensively, Souray's shortcomings are that he is a bit slow and can be beaten sometimes when he goes for a hit instead of playing more conservitavely. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but Komiserek has done the same on many an occasion. It is possible that Komi may be a better skater, but his play with the puck is miles behind Souray, which is why he is not given as much responsibility as him. Give Komi time and maybe Komi will turn into a souray or better, but now? no way.
Well, I'm not trying to argue that Komisarek's better than Souray, just answered your question(s) about it.

I maintain that at times Komisarek played flawlessly along the boards and in inzone coverage. I think he's already exceeded Souray in that one facet of play. But that's just one area--and Souray's got the better package currently. Komisarek's even less consistent than Souray as well.