View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 12:51 PM
kanuck87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Right now it would be. He still has a year left on his deal, if he wants to break the internal cap then he needs to separate himself from those guys. Right now, he's not in the discussion for best d-man on the team and doesn't deserve to be paid like it.

I'm shocked at how many of you want to throw money at Edler's point totals. You should know better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Bieksa may be older but he and Edler have roughly the same NHL/pro experience.

I would be against letting Edler walk for free as much as I'm against overpaying him for his potential that may never be realized.
I'm fine for letting him walk, but you guys have to ask yourself what's the next best alternative for letting Edler walk, because if you're willing to let him walk, there better be a plan in place to continue improving the team, which this move contradicts. Enstrom just signed for 5.75, and he's a slightly inferior defenseman to Edler, so you can imagine what the FA market for d-men would be. It would be nearly impossible to replace a player like Edler, and especially for you y2k, I know you're all about the short-term goals of the team. There is zero chance this team is better without Edler in the short-term, (or in the long-term)

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote